The snake is finished.
I switched methods part way through…that is …I started by doing the outlining first, then filling in…and switched to doing the outlining last.
This makes more sense to me (now) since I can adjust the outlining to fit the strips, rather than the other way round.
Next step …the yellow ovals.
I got out my yellows, and finally decided to do them with the same pancake dyed wool I used for the headpiece…connecting the two areas together.
I’ll soon have to make a decision about reds.
I’m not great about mentally visualizing…so I hung up vairous pieces of the light red, and left it there to look at for awhile.
The only real decision I’ve made about them…is I don’t want a plain solid colour (Like I used to try out the ribbons).
Today is a “rest day” in the Tour de France…so no morning TV watching/hooking. Maybe a good time to try some experimenting with the dye pot.