Well most of the major decisions have been made…and now there are the bits and pieces.
I thought perhaps extending the coral to the right corner would be a good idea…boy was I wrong!
I like to pin a swatch over the area to see if I think I’ll like it.
Bringing in the purple green from the left side looked much better
I think I’ll change the pink vine as well.
I took out the small triangle of pinky colour above the green and extended the purple green.
I eliminated the small areas on the right corner and extended the lilac and green there. I’m trying to get away from a patchwork impression and create more of the feeling of ‘shafts’ of colour.
I extended the lilac down through the zebra
I decided to do all the leaves in blue green, and not worry about them standing out particularly.
How would I do the bottom????
Ipcar tends to use multi coloured borders….related to her backgrounds….but I decided against that….for two reasons…one artistic…one practical. I wanted to ‘ground’ my animals with a little more realism…and I didn’t have enough of some of the background wools to do a coloured border.
I started with a pale green line about an inch below the lowest animal…but I soon pulled that out. It had no relationship to the rest of the piece. I replaced it with the blue green variegated wool that I had used for some of the leaves.
Then I got out my bag of blue/green worms, and started hooking in clumps pf colour…with dark bits for the animals to stand on.
Aha…that I like. I’m just going to enjoy doing the bottom….tack the back of my spring swap….and get the plans for my next project underway.