Sometimes I’m a little slow!
I happily completed the hooking on the footstool as it was drawn, then hung it up to look at it.
It was only after it was finished, and I was contemplating the sewing together, that I realized that when the sides came together, the solid bottom border needed to match the number of rows in each section.
Yikes! Mine don’t match at all.
Some have 4 rows at the edge, some 5 or 6.
Extending the coloured stripes down further would be my preference to make each edge the same number of rows,but I don’t have the wool to do that, so…. my next option is to extend the bottom border upwards on the smaller ones.
That will be nip and tuck….and a royal pain
….because I have hardly any wool left, and I’ll probably have to dye a few more pieces in order to have enough. I don’t mind dyeing substantial amounts, but I’m not so happy to dye a smidgeon.
When I have a major set back like this, I need to step back for a bit, and gain some perspective. Sooo….I began my fall swap mat.
That’s just an 8″ x 8″ endeavour, but I’ve been thinking about it for some time. I wanted to do fall trees, something I’ve never attempted before.
I looked up lots of pictures on google, and stared at the colours and composition . I found a few hooked examples and carefully studied them as well.
As it turns out, the trees were the easy part. I’m experimenting widely to try and get a ground cover that looks realistic, and implies the distance.
These are supposed to be a secret until sent to the recipient, but my swap mate hasn’t responded to several ‘hello’ emails, so I assume she doesn’t surf the net frequently ( or is away, or doesn’t check her email)…..so I decided to share how I deal with a problem…..do something else for awhile while I ponder a solution!