After studying the inspiration fabric, and sketching a variety of options, this is the pattern I ended up with for my chair pad.
It looks very busy, but I count on the fact of a restricted colour pallette to give it unity.
I chose these four wools hoping for a variety in depth and texture. I staggered their entry into the dye pot (darkest first….lightest last).
These were dyed with slate blue
These were dyed with paprika and red (half and half)
A start on the colour palette….but in spite of the different times in the dye, there’s not nearly enough variety in the depth….so the next step will be ….dyeing some lighter versions.
It was so nice to have something to hook on again at the Sunshine Rug Hookers meeting yesterday.
In the meantime….I’ve started stripping the rocker….not nearly as much fun as the hooking (sigh).