First I’ll finish up showing the items being worked on at our day long hook in last week.
Gail is making good progress with her railway rug ( the story of this rug is in the post entitled “The Spring That Isn’t”)
Here are some more pieces being hooked for the ploughing match.
Ann has completed her pig. I love the border. Those look like maple leaves in the corners
This is going to be a mobile, with the hearts glued back to back. What a super idea. Can’t wait to see it finished.
I have finished my six trivets, which were inspired by motifs found in various Klimt paintings.
I didn’t like the 6th pattern I drew, so I did another version of the turquoise and red one, this time in yellows and black.
There were other personal rugs in progress.
Marion is hooking a copy of a stained glass she has in her home. (I think it will be a pillow, but I’m not positive.
I love the dress in this Deanne Fitzpatrick pattern which is underway. There are the distinctive dots around the edge (a unique DF trick).
I love the story behind this piece which Charlene has under way. Her friend was an accomplished artist, but was severely injured in an accident and can no longer paint.
(please excuse the poor quality photo) The socks represent various members of her family.
Charlene is hooking a copy of this painting as a gift for her friend.
Now for an update on my Sir John cartoon.
Originally I had the text on the cake (as it was in the original cartoon), but I soon realized two things. 1)……there was an awful lot of background dead space. and 2)….even using a #2 cut doing script that small would be REALLY difficult. So I decided to move the text off the cake and into the background, where it could be considerable larger.
It took several tries to decide on a cut and style that I liked.
I liked the black lettering, until I put the white around it, and then it was too puny.I finally settled on a #3 cut white inside, outlined with a #2 cut black.I think I’ll just put a maple leaf on the cake.