Usually when I start hooking a piece, I have a general vision in my mind of what I want the finished product to look like. But not this time! Nope….I have no clue. So I’m “hooking in the dark” so to speak, trying stuff out, and discarding a great deal of it until I come up with something that pleases my eye.
I started out using a 6 cut, but quickly abandoned that for a #4. I couldn’t get the detail I needed with the #6.I hope the lime green will stand out better when more is added. As it stands…I’m not impressed.
I think this is the third set of colours I’ve tried in the “drape” design, and I plan to dye a lighter version of the green to add some variety. It certainly doesn’t set my heart afire with this combination.The ribbon loops please me so far, but I have no idea yet what style or colour of background to use in this section.I dyed 6 different colours of the yellow, planning to have the rings of this flower section get darker as it went out. I found it needed the blue for contrast, and now I’m debating how to proceed..The variegated blue is hooked with an overdyed plaid which I used in the hall rugs and really like. However, there is very little of it left, so I must use it wisely
It’s quite a mishmash of unconnected elements at the moment, but hopefully I can eventually tie it all together to create a unified zentangle sampler.
A cold day to start off February, and a good one to stay inside and hook while I enjoy the Canadian Junior Curling Championships on TV.
Thanks for stopping by.