My Zentangle needed a mental overhaul!
I began the hooking thinking of the separate sections, with no view to the whole piece. As a result while I liked the individual parts, the piece as a whole was ugly. When I think about it, it’s much the same process I went through when hooking Signa Mia Vita. Both times I had chosen too many colours for the pattern. (and my monochromatic taste)
SOoooooo….with a view to balance in the placement ….I did lots of pulling out.
…and there were two other areas as well, but I don’t have photos….I had the red/pink in a couple of areas, and it was all removed. My original idea of having it “go with” the hall rugs has been scrapped. These colours are in those rugs but that’s the only similarity…..and….I’m a happier hooker.
It feels much more cohesive now, and I’m once again happy to hook on it. ….and that’s good…since the Brier Curling started yesterday, and I’ve got a week planned cheering on the amazing shots of Canada’s best men’s teams, while snuggled up with my hooking.