Well now I know why I didn’t hook the remaining three hands when I hooked the rest of the maidens nearly a year ago. They were tricky! …It took me several attempts, a couple of methods and lots of pulling out and trying something different.
Most, if not all of the black outlining will come out eventually, but at the moment it helps keep the shape and makes it easier for me to see the outline.
(…sorry…that photo wasn’t fuzzy in the media library.) They are hooked with a #2 cut and finding a black that was thin enough but woven tightly enough to cut that thin, took me several tries. (Shirley, a piece of your black suit worked really well) The hands themselves are Dorr wool which I dyed myself, and it cuts into a #2 strip well, but a lot of wool is just too loosely woven to cut into such a tiny strip (2/32 ” wide)
They look pretty awful up close like that, but from a distance, not so bad. I’m sure there will still be tweaking to do, but I’ll wait until the background is in.
Back to finishing the arch now, and trying to find the wool I used for the plants so I can add more greenery.
It’s late fall here in central Ontario, lots of leaves still on the tress, but we’ve had several skiffs of snow with more expected this weekend. The steely grey November skies are often overhead already so it’s nice to snuggle up with my hooking while watching curling, or baseball, or hockey, or basketball …(lots of sports to choose from at the moment, and a great time to be a Raptors or Leafs fan).
….back to my curling game and hooking frame….
Thanks for stopping by.