My modus operandi is definitely….”if at first you don’t succeed….try, try again”. And boy was it being used when I hooked the third building. Now that it’s finished, I can see that I had several concerns to deal with simultaneously, but I actually only dealt with them one at a time. When one was fixed it was still wrong because of the second problem…..etc. etc.
1.) The door on the top section didn’t make sense, so it came out.
2.) I initially hooked the building with shades of the very light mahogany (pink as it turned out)….I didn’t like the pink effect at all and the perspective was all wrong, I did like the touches of light purple, so I searched my stash for some light mauve. I quickly realized that didn’t have enough light shades, so off to the dye pots and I dyed some very light violet and ‘cushing’ purple.
3.) I finally liked the colours, but the shading was wrong for the building to appear with the right angles.
4.) The face of the bottom section needed to be darker and some shading at the top right to have part of the wall recede. Top left and bottom sections are one face, so they need to be more the same shades
Finally the building looked right to me….needed some final touches…
I made countless other tiny adjustments as I went along but right or wrong…I’m finally satisfied with it now.
Next step ….the cobble stones…or flag stones…not sure yet what they will be. No doubt I’ll need several tries to be satisfied with them too.
Thanks for stopping by.